Re: [O] org-download.el

From: Oleh
Subject: Re: [O] org-download.el
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:11:55 +0100

Hello,

> Does anyone get org-download.el to work under Mac OSX? I'm struggling to get
> it work, but it seems to help a lot, empowering org to handle images a lot
> easier.
>
> I believe I've installed org-download.el correctly, but when I'm dragging
> and drop the image into an org buffer, all I get is the link address
> inserted into the buffer, no downloading events trigger.

I'm the org-download author. I've mentioned these things on the tracker,
but there's no harm to posting here additionally.

I don't have OSX, so I can't test it. However, it should work in
theory, since all tools used are portable.

Try using `org-download-yank' first: this one does everything except
drag-and-drop. Just right click and copy the image url in the browser,
and call `org-download-yank' in Emacs. If it doesn't work, the issue is
with dnd, otherwise it's with the downloading itself.

The default `org-download-backend 'uses `url-retrieve', which is a part of
Emacs, so if it doesn't work then it's an Emacs bug.

regards,
Oleh