Re: [O] Following a date in a drawer fails

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Following a date in a drawer fails
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 21:48:28 +0100

Hello,

Marco Wahl <address@hidden> writes:

> I just started to use appointment entries like
>
> * Angela Merkel                                               :breakfast:
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :APPT_DATE: <2015-01-21 Wed 09:00>
>   :APPT_LOCA: Berlin
>   :END:
>
> I would have expected to be able to follow the link to the date with M-x
> org-open-at-point (as always.)  But this is not the case.
>
> Message: org-open-at-point: Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, nil

Fixed.

> Is this behavior intentional?  Am I missing something?

Actually, this is an ambiguous situation. As a convenient feature,
`org-open-link' is sloppy and can follow links and timestamps in
comments and properties drawers.

However, syntax doesn't allow timestamps in properties drawers, so
behaviour is undefined if you expect to use it for anything else (e.g.,
adding the entry in the agenda).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou