Re: [O] [bug] ox-taskjuggler

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] ox-taskjuggler
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:00:09 +0100

Hello,

Søren Mikkelsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to use the taskjuggler exporter for getting an overview of my
> project, and it seems to be straight forward if you know a bit about
> Taskjuggler.
>
> However, tasks that are scheduled org-mode like, i.e.,
>
> *** TODO My task
>   SCHEDULED: <2015-01-27 Tue>
>
> don't appear in the report. But, if I add a START property it will appear.
>
> *** TODO My task 2
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :start:    2015-03-01
>     :END:
>
> I suspect it has something to do with l462-470:
>
> (defun org-taskjuggler-get-start (item)
>   "Return start date for task or resource ITEM.
> ITEM is a headline.  Return value is a string or nil if ITEM
> doesn't have any start date defined."
>   (let ((scheduled (org-element-property :scheduled item)))
>     (or
>      (and scheduled (org-timestamp-format scheduled "%Y-%02m-%02d"))
>      (and (memq 'start org-taskjuggler-valid-task-attributes)
>         (org-element-property :START item)))))
>

> I'm not that experienced in elisp, so I hope someone can help me.

There is no bug in the snippet shown.

 "ox-taskjuggler" just doesn't use SCHEDULED to set start property for
tasks. However, it will use SCHEDULED to set the start date for the
project.

Note that I don't use Taskjuggler, so I don't know if this is the right
behaviour or not.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou