[O] How to override locale setting for time-stamp language

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] How to override locale setting for time-stamp language
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 17:48:41 +0100

Hi!

I am using Emacs 24.3 on different machines. With Debian GNU/Linux I
get time-stamps like <2015-01-21 Wed>. However, with Windows 7 Pro
(which I do not administrate), I get <2015-01-21 Mi> where "Mi"
stands for the German "Mittwoch".

What do I have to add to my configuration so that I get "Wed"
instead of "Mi" on all of my systems, independent of system
settings?

My naïve debug session resulted in: org-insert-timestamp >
format-time-string which is built-in and uses locale settings to
resolve "%a" to get the abbreviated name of the day.

I don't have a clue which variable holds the locale settings that is
used for this case and I also don't have an idea if modifying this
variable has some potential negative effects as well.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github