Re: [O] remote ref in spreadsheets

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] remote ref in spreadsheets
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 22:12:30 +0100

Hi Michael

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Michael Welle <address@hidden> wrote:
> @2$2=remote(BC_2014,@II$3)
> @3$2=remote(BC_2013,@II$3)
> @4$2=remote(BC_2012,@II$3)
> [...]
> would be nice to use a column formula, something like remote($1,@II$3),
> where $1 of the master table holds the name of the referenced table.

It was also January when I needed this for yearly tables the first
time :-) and I implemented and documented it with an ERT and in the
manual one year ago. It is still available only in Org release_8.3beta
which you seem not to have installed yet.

If you do an aggregation, in this case by year, then Thierry Banel's
package Org aggregate
https://github.com/tbanel/orgaggregate
is very convenient as it can simplify a lot.

Michael