Re: [O] Wanderlust and org-capture

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] Wanderlust and org-capture
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:42:16 +0100

>> ... ./contrib/lisp/org-wl.el at least in the current master branch.
>
> This file is not in my org files integrated in emacs. That's why I didn't find
> it. Are there many differences between integrated org (emacs git repo), elpa
> package and git repository?

I think one can regard the contrib directory as a source of extra
modules.  With this view the difference between git orgmode and the elpa
orgmode package (and also the orgmode that comes with Emacs) is the
development that lies between the versions.  AFAICS the orgmode elpa
package is very close to the HEAD in the orgmode git repo.

IIRC the contrib directory is a place for experimentation.  The
modules might need further testing before they find their way into a
release.  Further there might be licensing issues.

BTW I just found http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/ which has a list
of modules of the contrib directory.

Best regards,  Marco
--