Re: [O] HTML --> Org-mode?

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] HTML --> Org-mode?
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 06:55:45 -0500

Thank you Willem,

This looks very helpful.

I am trying the code out in a scratch buffer and I am unable to gnerate org syntax, e.g. with this test string:

Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks,
Matt

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:23 AM, Willem Rein Oudshoorn <address@hidden> wrote:
Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm,
>
> Looks like I asked this about a year ago and didn't follow up on it.  Does
> anyone know a way to generate org-mode syntax from an html string? I would
> like to extend zotxt slightly (see my last post) and at present zotxt can
> pull citations 7 bibliography entries from Zotero only in plain-text and
> HTML form.  The plaintext form loses information, so I would like to
> translate the HTML into org-mode syntax.
>
> Since this would have to happen in the context of an
>
> (org-add-link-type  )
>
> invocation, it would be best if this could be done directly in emacs
> somehow...
>
> Thanks as always,

Not sure if this helps, but I recently hacked some code to convert a
simple subset of HTML to org.   It is quite hackish and not nearly
finished (and I might never finish).

However it is pure elisp.

Code is at:

http://github.com/woudshoo/html-2-org

Usage is:

 (h-2-o-insert-org-source-for-html HTML-STRING)

which inserts a org blob in the current buffer at point.

Wim Oudshoorn.