Re: [O] org-clock-select-task: how does it work?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] org-clock-select-task: how does it work?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 13:52:09 +0100

Tory S. Anderson wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> Peter Münster wrote:

>>> Not reproducible.
>>
>> I still do have duplicates in my list as well.  It never has been fixed,
>> but I don't have either a reproducible recipe.
>>
>> See https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-04/msg00568.html.
>
> Now I'm loving this tool but I'm looking for two tweaks that would
> make a big difference.
>
> 1) I use "work.org" to track my weekly work hours; each week is mostly
> the same tasks, but new time frames. I need to be able to make sure my
> "recent clock list" is talking about the item for this week, not the
> identically named item for a previous week. If I could see the
> tree-path of the items (in the same way putting the point over an item
> in agenda shows you the hierarchy) that would be great.

Not sure I'd like that, or at least not always / by default. That'd make
tasks become truncated or going on multiple lines in my case.

Dunno what would be the best for all of us.

> 2) As Peter originally mentioned, I see only five tasks on the list;
> I have more than that each week. Can this be expanded with some
> variable?

    ;; Number of clock tasks to remember in history.
    (setq org-clock-history-length 35)  ; 1 to 9 + A to Z

Though, I don't understand why it's never that long -- while it should
grow up to that amount before forgetting about old tasks.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban