Re: [O] exporting zotxt or orgref links to HTML and ODF

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] exporting zotxt or orgref links to HTML and ODF
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 08:06:19 -0500

It turns out to be very easy to get pandoc citations into orgmode using
helm-bibtex. It is not even that difficult to make the pandoc citations
clickable to get similar features as in org-ref. They just don't have
the org-element support. Having tried this, I don't see any obvious
advantages over org-links (except that I still have to figure out how to
export org to org, with a translation of org-link to pandoc citation).

See this example:

http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2015/01/29/Export-org-mode-to-docx-with-citations-via-pandoc/

The conversion is not perfect, but it gets pretty far. Probably not far
enough to use for production except in the simplest cases.