Re: [O] orgmode as a transcription tool?

From: Basile (The Flammable Project)
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode as a transcription tool?
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 06:45:39 +0100

Hello,

You should have a look at EMMS. It's suite easy to setup on linux. But if you are using a MS Windows OS, it does requiert more settings. But everything you light ne controlable within Emacs.

Regards,

Basile

Le 3 févr. 2015 06:27, "Russell Adams" <address@hidden> a écrit :
On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 11:23:25PM -0600, Bill White wrote:
> Today I was looking for a tool to ease my transcription of a recording
> of a half-hour appointment with a doctor.
>
> Googling led to https://transcribe.wreally.com/ for the job - it really
> works well, and it seems like something orgmode should be able to do.
>
> The idea is to unite a media player with a text-editing window.  Certain
> commands issued *while in the text window* will operate on the media
> player: pause, go back or ahead 2 seconds, slow down, speed up, etc.
> Uniting the two eliminates constant switching between a media player and
> a text editor - it's all integrated and controllable without switching
> windows.
>
> From https://transcribe.wreally.com/guide/how-to-transcribe-audio-interviews-faster/
> > The advantage of using Transcribe over a conventional text editor +
> > media player approach is that you don’t have to lift your hands-off
> > the keyboard at all. You can control the audio with your keyboard
> > while simultaneously typing into the built-in text editor.
>
> Could orgmode do something like that?

I don't see why not. Emacs could, or perhaps your audio program or
window manager. I use xbindkeys and a few commands to control mpd
(music daemon) and skip tracks, change volume, etc. Emacs has
frontends to the same.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden

PGP Key ID:     0x1160DCB3           http://www.adamsinfoserv.com/

Fingerprint:    1723 D8CA 4280 1EC9 557F  66E8 1154 E018 1160 DCB3