Re: [O] Citations, continued

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Citations, continued
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 18:29:38 +0100

> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> PS: Here's a quick link "proof-of-concept" (not really) with biblatex
>> only, and cite it textcitation.  Documents with this type of syntax are
>> indeed pleasant to the eye.
>>
>> [[cite: pre1 @bohringer14 post1; pre2 @davis14 post2]]
>
> As pointed out already, the double square bracket is not needed, and can
> introduce ambiguity with links.

Hence the double warning:

>>"proof-of-concept" (not really)

> I'm fine with
>
>   [cite: pre1 @bohringer14 post1; pre2 @davis14 post2]
>
> but how do you distinguish between in-text and in-parenthesis?

In the above with "citet" and "citep" or similar.

The above was only meant to try out the [PRE @KEY POST; PRE @KEY POST]
format and show that it indeed is nice.  That's all.

> Also, how do you extract year or journal from the key (since you
> suggested these features in the first place)?

Actually, I first suggested only having /types/ of citations.  Richard
suggested extraction of fields.

—Rasmus

--
The right to be left alone is a human right