Re: [O] Simple in-buffer links?

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Re: [O] Simple in-buffer links?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 07:07:51 -0500

Hi Lawrence,

Welcome to org-mode! I think what you're looking for is footnote
funcationality[1]. To get started, just use `C-c C-x f' in your orgmode
document. Then use it again to go back to where you were. There's more you can
do and the page I've cited will get you started.

HTH,
- Tory

Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm a beginner and I can't figure out how to build a simple link. All
> I want to do is have numbered footnotes throughout my org file that,
> when clicked, jump down to that footnote. Eg:
>
> -- This is in my org file and I'm describing Emacs fill (1). You can
> also do auto-fill (2)
>
> .
> .
> .
>
> (1) A fill is text formatting to look like a block.
> (2) Auto-fill sets fill for the whole life of the buffer.
>
> This is all I want to do. I might also like these footnote
> elaborations at the bottom to be in another location (another file).
>
> LB

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/manual/Footnotes.html