Re: [O] Citations, continued

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Citations, continued
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 05:09:08 -1000

Aloha Rasmus,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

>      In any given document, do you typically need more than two types of
>      citations, i.e. {citet, citep} OR {textcite, parentcite}?

Yes, I typically use what I call a multicite to get multiple citations
with biblatex.  It just inserts {key}.  I precede two or more of these
with a placeholder--π for parencites, † for textcites, or ƒ for
footcites--and then use a filter to insert \parencites, etc.  This is
crude, and wouldn't work in a more general setting, but it serves for
the work I do.

BTW, parencites et al. were a major step forward in biblatex, IMO.  Note
that CSL doesn't yet support multiple citations.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye