Re: [O] Citations, continued

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Citations, continued
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:06:56 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Not necessarily.  I could do:
>
>    (defun rasmus/gentive-citation (citation-element backend)
>           (case backend ...) ...)
>
>    (add-to-list 'org-cite-types 'rasmus/gentive-citation )
>
> E.g. for genitive citations such as "Smith's (1984) model", which can be
> mostly emulated using primitives (:author and :year) if biblatex is not
> available.

As explained in another message, I'd like to avoid custom citations
(portability issues).

>> If more than two different keys are needed in a single document, use of
>> custom links or raw LaTeX would then be unavoidable. OTOH, this gives us
>> very readable citations within the buffer in most cases.
>
> Perhaps.  But then we are back at not having proper support across
> backends—which might be unavoidable in any case.  Yet, aim high!

Obtaining reasonable support for citations in every major back-end is
already aiming high in my book.

Anyway, I'm fine with having more powerful citation syntax for LaTeX,
but let's keep the syntax as simple as possible. As I once was told, Org
is not a programming language.

Regards,