Re: [O] Citations, continued

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Citations, continued
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 08:14:16 -0800

> Ok, sorry I didn't check the natbib manual carefully.  AFAIK you get
> numbers with biblatex without any author-year options so:
>
>  \cite{k}, \parencite{k} → [Num]
>  \textcite{k} → A [Num]
>
> Is this similar to \numcite?  From natbib is seems to be intended for
> people who use author-year, but still wants numbers.  Is that correct?

I don't think so. It is just the number that the citation has in the
bibliography, not in brackets or parens, and usually not
superscripted. We use it to get something like this in the exported
document:

"This is seen in Ref. 9"

With the other commands you get something like:
"This is seen in Ref. [9]"

or if you have a superscripted style:
"This is seen in Ref. ^9"

--