Re: [O] orgmode as a transcription tool?

From: Bill White
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode as a transcription tool?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 23:42:07 -0600

On Sat Feb 07 2015 at 10:38, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2015-02-03, at 06:45, Basile (The Flammable Project) <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> You should have a look at EMMS. It's suite easy to setup on linux. But if
>> you are using a MS Windows OS, it does requiert more settings. But
>> everything you light ne controlable within Emacs.
>
> FWIW, here's my config (and two helper functions to make seeking a bit
> easier):
>
> http://mbork.pl/2015-02-07_Emms_and_transcripts

This is great - many thanks!  I'm using it now, taking a break during
crosstalk in a recorded meeting.  I, too, had problems with skipping
backwards - your solution worked for me.  And the scale of the skipping
is off for me, too - a setting of -10 will skip back about 2 or 3
seconds.

I'm doing this on osx with homebrew's build of head-branch emacs and the
homebrew mplayer, and it works amazingly well.

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . address@hidden