Re: [O] closing column mode for beamer export

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] closing column mode for beamer export
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 07:33:41 +0000 (UTC)

Larrabee Strow <strow <at> umbc.edu> writes:

> I am trying to put a second row of two columns in a org beamer slide.
>
> No problems with doing the first row, two column.
>
> I can't figure out any way to put in the second row of two columns.
> (I am trying to show a 2x2 grid of images, with titles.)
>
> It appears to me I need something that produces and \end{columns}
> after my first row of columns.

This is what the :B_columns: tag is for. (And, finally *I* can help someone
else, instead of asking a question!!)

In the example, I'm cutting out some spaces before tags.

* Frame
** First row                            :B_columns:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: columns
   :END:
*** Left                                :BMCOL:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_col: 0.5
    :END:
    Stuff here
*** Right                               :BMCOL:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_col: 0.5
    :END:
    More stuff here
** Second row                           :B_columns:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: columns
   :END:
*** Left                                :BMCOL:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_col: 0.5
    :END:
    Stuff here
*** Right                               :BMCOL:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_col: 0.5
    :END:
    More stuff here

In the exported LaTeX code, you'll get two \begin{columns} ... \end{columns}
pairs.

hjh