Re: [O] How to include time when generating timestamp for DEADLINE/SCHED

From: Dominic Surano
Subject: Re: [O] How to include time when generating timestamp for DEADLINE/SCHEDULE
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 20:46:35 +0000 (UTC)

Subhan Michael Tindall <SubhanT <at> familycareinc.org> writes:

> Both C-c C-d (deadline) and C-d C-s (schedule) bring up a calendar in
the mini-buffer to pick a date
> This is great
> However, there doesn’t appear to be any way to include a time in the
deadline without going in afterwards and manually editing it.

> This is not so great.
>
> I would dearly love to be able to easily enter in deadlines for items
with a full  date/time stamp. I frequently need to know that item X is
not only due tomorrow (DEADLINE: <2015-02-13 Fri>). But that it is due
tomorrow at 1:00 PM (DEADLINE:
>  <2015-02-13 Fri 13:00>)
> Manually editing to add the time stamp seems to cause no problems, and
causes DEADLINES to locate in the time grid as expected, which is very
helpful.
> Am I just missing something, or is this a glaring hole in the
scheduling mechanic?
> Thanks!
> Subhan
>

> This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose
or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.

I believe you're missing something. While in the Date+time mini-buffer,
you can enter a string such as "2015-02-03 1:00pm" or "2015-04-21 13:50"
rather than just S+ARROWS to select the day. The yellow highlighted text
will update accordingly to reflect how it's interpreting your input.
Pressing enter should insert the deadline / scheduled date AND time.