Re: [O] Colon in block name?

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Colon in block name?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 11:34:14 +0100

"Loris Bennett" <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Friday, 13 Feb 2015 at 08:49, Loris Bennett wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> In my ECM and in my original posting there are no empty lines between
>>> the table information and the actual table (see attached screenshot of
>>> my original ECM).  However, I can see that in your quoted version above
>>> there is one.
>>
>> Ummm, interesting.  The way to avoid this issue may be to actually
>> attach a file instead of pasting the contents into the email.  Can you
>> attach your ECM so that we can see what happens with it?
>
> * Test with block names containing a colon
> ** Data
> My data can be found in Table [[tab:my_data]].
> #+CAPTION: My data
> #+NAME: tab:my_data
> | a | b |
> |---+---|
> | 2 | 4 |
> | 3 | 9 |
>
> ** Code
>
> My code can be found in Listing [[code:my_code]].
>
> #+CAPTION: My code
> #+NAME: code:my_code
> #+HEADER: :var data=tab:my_data :colnames yes
> #+BEGIN_SRC R
> d <- data
> #+END_SRC
>
> ** Results
>
> My results can be found in Table [[tab:my_results]].
>
> #+CAPTION: My results
> #+NAME: tab:my_results
> #+RESULTS: code:my_code
> | a | b |
> |---+---|
> | 2 | 4 |
> | 3 | 9 |
>
> ** Conclusions
>
> Names with colons don't work.

The above was attached with Gnus 'C-c RET f', MIME type 'text/x-org'.
Reading with Gnus, I don't see any blank lines between the table info
and the table itself.

Just to get back to the original question:  Should and does
'tab:my_data' work as a value for a variable in a source block header?
I get

Reference 'my_data' not found in this buffer

If I replace the colon with '_', ';', or even '=', everything works as
expected.

Cheers,

Loris