Re: [O] Orgmode → ODT: Certain chars break export

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Orgmode → ODT: Certain chars break export
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 17:07:14 +0100

address@hidden (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

> From a user perspective just stripping the characters seems best to
> me, but finding out what the characters seems obnoxious.

But maybe there is a valid way to represent such characters in XML?  At
the very least entities must be replaced before stripping these...

> Neither a quick search nor skimming the ODT doc specification[1][2] seem
> to give any insight into a set of illegal characters. Does elisp have
> anything similar to Java's "isWhitespace"[3] that could be used to check
> character features?

It's an XML thing.  When I tried to open the contents.xml with Firefox it
also says broken XML.  But I also don't know which are the characters that
are not supported by XML.

—Rasmus

--
This space is left intentionally blank