Re: [O] Why not push?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Why not push?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:56:01 +0100

On 2015-02-15, at 11:42, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I don't want to be nitpicking, but I'm just curious.  I'm looking at the
>>> function `org-split-string'.  It uses (two times) the following
>>> construction:
>>>
>>> (setq list (cons (something) list))
>>>
>>> Is there any particular reason for not using `push' there?
>>
>> No. Good luck with refactoring "org.el". ;)
>
> Shhh... if you don't say anything, he might go and do it!

;-)

Actually, not.  (Though it might make a nice student project.  And it
would be a good idea to do it.)  But I haven't signed the FSF papers.

OTOH, I have a personal project where I devote some amount of time every
day to read someone else's code.  I started with parts of simple.el, and
now the time has come for ox-latex (and its dependencies).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University