Re: [O] [patch, ox-latex] better hyperref and title options

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [patch, ox-latex] better hyperref and title options
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 13:57:26 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> 'Cause usually org-export-data gives you the right value automatically.
> Anyway, I don't mind using  org-element-parse-secondary-string.

`org-element-parse-secondary-string' is meant for cases like this one.

>> DESCRIPTION could be moved to `org-element-document-properties'. But
>> then, we need to introduce `org-export-with-description', which implies
>> export back-ends have to deal with it somehow (ATM "ox-ascii" ignores
>> it).
>
>> Another option is to simply remove DESCRIPTION from "ox.el" and let
>> export back-ends in need of it to add it to their definition.
>
> I don't oppose that.
>
>> However, I don't see why KEYWORDS should accept markup. I also think it
>> should be moved to back-end definitions instead of "ox.el".
>
> Keywords should also be printed in the document as well IMO, e.g. after
> the abstract.  An example of where you need markup: σ-algebra.

Good point.

Since KEYWORDS and DESCRIPTION are really back-end dependant, I vote for
moving them from `org-export-options-alist' to back-end definitions.
Using `org-element-parse-secondary-string' will be required in this
case.

WDYT? Also, supposing you agree, do you want to do a patch (caveat:
there's "org.texi" messing involved)?

Regards,