Re: [O] [patch, ox-latex] better hyperref and title options

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [patch, ox-latex] better hyperref and title options
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 14:11:25 +0100

> Since KEYWORDS and DESCRIPTION are really back-end dependant, I vote for
> moving them from `org-export-options-alist' to back-end definitions.
> Using `org-element-parse-secondary-string' will be required in this
> case.

OK.

So are there any /other/ uses of DESCRIPTION but adding summaries to
meta-data?

> WDYT? Also, supposing you agree, do you want to do a patch (caveat:
> there's "org.texi" messing involved)?

Sure, I'll add it to my TODO.  You'll suffer through the reviewing, so in
either case the lion share of work will fall on you.

Without much thought, these are the back-ends where it might make sense:
        ox-latex, ox-html, ox-texi, ox-odt, maybe ox-groff.

In a second round, I might add a :with-keywords as well.  When non-nil
keywords are inserted at the location of keywords.  Like #+TOC.  So you'd
have:

    #+begin_abstract
    Read my paper, pretty please.
    #+end_abstract
    #+keywords: topic1, ⋯, topicN

→ (If using ox-latex)

   \begin{abstract} read me \end{abstract}
   \keywords{topic1, ⋯, topicN}

Where \keywords{·} is some function that I don't know yet.

—Rasmus

--
C is for Cookie