Re: [O] [ox/ox-latex] Footnotes in titles

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ox/ox-latex] Footnotes in titles
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 22:10:51 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> But footnotes in titles are set with symbols, e.g. * † ‡ and so forth.
> IOW they are independent of the regular footnote counter, and don't
> consume a number.

But then it requires to implement a special handler in every export
back-end and probably helper functions in ox.el. There are also DATE and
AUTHOR to consider.

> Footnotes in EXPORT_TITLE properties would be weird.  I don't know if you
> can have that.  You tell me.

This is not possible. But then, it is asymmetric if we allow footnotes
in TITLE.

For now, I pushed the "no footnote reference in keywords" branch, just
to be on the safe side wrt CAPTION keywords.

We can still discuss about making a special case for TITLE and al.

Regards,