Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:16:15 -1000

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Biblatex is the gold standard.  Maybe not in input-aesthetics..., but in
> terms of amenability, usability and output it surely is.  (No, I have
> nothing to back this up).

Compare the bibtex style, chicago.bst, with biblatex-chicago and note
how much more closely the biblatex version approximates the Chicago
Manual of Style.

Also, the various multicites implemented in biblatex have made it a
viable option for the humanities.  Bibtex was created for use in the
(hard) sciences and it lacked facilities that authors and editors in the
humanities take for granted.

Also, biber is required for some biblatex features that bibtex doesn't
support.  I haven't followed this development and am not sure what they
are, though.

All the best,
Tom

--