Re: [O] on the fragility of export to ODT

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] on the fragility of export to ODT
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:04:45 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> I have many internal references; in this document, all are to named
> tables and figures.

The error comes from a figure, not a table, if that helps.

> I have tried but haven't managed to track down which one is causing
> problems in this case.
>
> I have tried extracting various bits into smaller org files but then the
> problems disappear... :(
>
> Part of the problem, I think (but please correct me if I'm wrong), is
> that the positions indicated in the error messages are in the buffer
> being exported after a certain amount of processing (including, I would
> imagine, babel) and so it's difficult to find the actual location of the
> problem.
>
> If this is indeed the case, is there any way to retain the buffer that
> is being processed at the point the error occurs?

You're right, buffer positions mean nothing here.

However, there's a simpler solution. In- "ox-odt.el", function
`org-odt-link--infer-description', line 2655 (but it depends on Org
version), there is

  (t (error "FIXME: Resolve %s" destination))

Replace it with

  (t (error "FIXME: Resolve %s" (org-element-interpret-data destination))))

reload Org then trigger the error. The backtrace should be more interesting.

Regards,