Re: [O] Embedding diagrams in Org

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Embedding diagrams in Org
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 19:37:56 +0000

Hi,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
> On Wednesday, 18 Feb 2015 at 13:34, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I need to embed some diagrams (graphs of functions, for instance, or
>> trees) in an Org file.  Any suggestions on how to do it?  In case of
>> ditaa, I can use a source block and the "results" line, and see the
>> image with C-c C-x C-v.  Can I do a similar thing with Asymptote?  How
>> hard/time-consuming would it be to add support e.g. for tikz or other
>> such tools?
>
> Support for tikz is there implicitly in that there is support for
> LaTeX.  I use tikz all the time.
>
> Simple example attached.
>
> I do believe others have used asymptote in the past.
>
> HTH,
> eric

I also use tikz in my org files.  I just include a slightly more
involved version of Eric's example to show some of the beauty of org.

This includes a caption for the diagram, and different output formats
for different export routes.

Best,
Andreas

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{tikz}

* tikz example

#+name: tikz_example
#+header: :packages '(("" "tikz"))
#+header: :file (by-backend (latex "example_diagram.tikz") (html
"example_diagram.svg") (t "example_diagram.png"))
#+header: :imagemagick yes :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 800
#+header: :results file raw
#+header: :fit yes
#+begin_src latex
  \begin{tikzpicture}
    \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
    \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
  \end{tikzpicture}
#+end_src

#+caption: A tikz example diagram with a caption
#+results: tikz_example
[[file:example_diagram.png]]