Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 20:47:16 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

2015ko otsailak 18an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

> I think we should postpone the idea of attributes for object, as it gets
> in the way of the discussion. IMO,
>
>   [cite/subtype: ...]
>
> is all we need, syntax-wise.

The question of attributes for objects arose out of the desire to attach
attributes to citations.  So, I think it needs to be decided whether to
support a special syntax for citation attributes, or defer that to the
more general question of attributes for objects.  In the latter case, a
significant number of “power user” (read: early adopter) features won’t
be available until object attributes are also implemented.

IOW, citation syntax and object attributes are separate discussions,
but are also (possibly) both part of the path from the status quo to
citation support in org core.

--
Aaron Ecay