Re: [O] Publishing orgmode files

From: Samuel Loury
Subject: Re: [O] Publishing orgmode files
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:13:40 +0100

Hi,
Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to publish my org project but I am lost in the way I can
> tweak my projects.
>
> Is there some good tutorial I can follow step by step in order to
> publish several files at once ?
>
> My site tree is like this:
>
> web/
> ├── Makefile
> ├── css
> │   └── style.css
> ├── gnupg.org
> ├── header
> │   └── header.org
> ├── index.org
> ├── org-templates
> │   └── level-0.org
> └── publish_config.el
>
> I am using a Makefile to build it from the command line but it is
> just a gadget that just make a call to `org-publish-project'.
>
> Where I am totally lost is with how I can tweak my publish option.
>
> Turns out I can add many options directly into org-mode files but
> that's not practical to clone/duplicate them in several places. This
> is where org-templates should enter the dance but either I use them
> bad or it just not the way to go.
>
> I am tryng as a simple example, to replace the default (included)
> style with my own (stored in css/style.css).
>
> My org-templates/level-0.org has this:
>
> #+STYLE: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/style.css" />
>
> # Local Variables:
> # org-html-head-include-default-style: nil
> # org-html-head-include-scripts: nil
> # End:
>
> All of this has been stolen here and there but it just does nothing.
> Elsewhere I have seen we can embed :style in the
> `org-publish-project-alist' (same result). Some people are using
> #+HTML_HEAD_EXTRA instead.
>
> So what is the way to go just for this basic stuff ?
>
> I have nothing configured with org-mode (8.2.10 version by the way)
> and I am using the defaults eveywhere.

I don't know of org-template, but I generally set some elisp variables
to provide my own customization before calling
`org-publish-project'. Wouldn't it be enough for your use case? For
instance, I guess your call to `org-publish-project' could look like:
(let (
          (org-export-html-style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\"
href=\"css/style.css\" />")
          (org-html-head-include-default-style nil)
          (org-html-head-include-scripts nil)
          )
  (org-publish-project ...)
  )