Re: [O] How to extract raw link and description from the "link" element?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] How to extract raw link and description from the "link" element?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 19:56:54 -0500

Probably there is some more elegant way but if you run this on a link,
you get the two pieces I think. In a filter or exporter, you might
replace (org-element-context) with the link element/object

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun parse-link ()
 (interactive)
 (message-box "%s"
 (cons
  ;; path
  (org-element-property :path (org-element-context))
  ;; description
  (buffer-substring
   (org-element-property :contents-begin (org-element-context))
   (org-element-property :contents-end (org-element-context))))))
#+END_SRC

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F