[O] org-latex-fragments on sections

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: [O] org-latex-fragments on sections
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 11:26:29 +0000

Hi,

I am forwarding a question from stackexchange [1] here, as I am
interested in this myself and I think this a bug.

I just add that the behaviour is not as expected also when the prefixed
command (C-u C-c C-x C-l) is used.

begin_quote

In the following Orgmode file, I can't figure a way to preview only the
latex fragments of section 1.1 (= those contained in sections 1.1.1 and
1.1.2, not those of section 1.2 nor section 2)

#+begin_org
* section 1
** section 1.1
*** section 1.1.1
$\alpha=1$
*** section 1.1.2
$\alpha=2$
** section 1.2
$\alpha=3$

* section 2
** section 2.1
$\alpha=4$
** section 2.2
$\alpha=5$
#+end_org

unfortunately when my maker is at point

  ** section 1.1

the command org-preview-latex-fragment (C-c C-x C-l) has no effect.

Same question to preview only the latex fragments of (the whole) section
1, it seems that at point

  * section 1

the command C-c C-x C-l processes ALL latex fragments (section 1 and
section 2) of the tree.

end_quote

Regards,
Andreas