Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 19:02:48 +0000

Hi Tom,

2015ko martxoak 2an, "Thomas S. Dye"-ek idatzi zuen:

> I'm not able to understand the full implications of subtypes
> vs. plists, so don't have a preferred solution along those lines.
>
> I brought this up in reaction to "This doesn't really work in org."
>
> I'm hoping for an Org mode citation syntax where there is an analogous
> org-add-cite-type function, so I only have to remember the syntax one
> time and can forget about it when I'm writing.
>
> Sorry if this is noise and thanks for your patience.

Not noise at all.  I think I understand where you are coming from
better.

Your comment inspired me to implement
org-export-cite-add-citation-mode-latex in the experimental citation
support I just pushed.  So you can do:

(org-export-cite-add-citation-mode-latex "tsd" "\\mycitecommand[%s][%s]{%s}"
"\\myparencitecommand[%s][%s]{%s}")

Add to your document:

#+CITATION_MODE: tsd

And citations should just work with your chosen commands.  I’m sure when
advanced citation support comes along (whether from subtypes or plists),
a similarly simple wrapper can be implemented.

I also found your discussion of citation modes vs. styles at
<http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden> illuminating, so thanks
for that.

--
Aaron Ecay