Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 00:27:20 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> So (citation ⋯ :parts ((part ⋯) (part ⋯))).  Fine with me.  Other
> possibilities are citation/entry and :entries.  Or less nice:
> citation/cite and :cites.

I don't mind using :entries and `entry' either. I'll update "wip-cite"
in a few days.

> It would enable "complicated argument address@hidden;@k2;@k3]", which is
> pretty
> nice.  There's still no pre and post notes etc, only keys.

Shortcuts are simple citations that ought to be available in most
back-ends. I don't see your example as a particularly straightforward
one. I suggest to use

  [(cite):@k1;@k2;@k3]

Note that your example doesn't even provide an in-text equivalent while
address@hidden has @k1.

Regards,