Re: [O] Missing org-mode manual page: Validating OpenDocument XML

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: [O] Missing org-mode manual page: Validating OpenDocument XML
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 01:56:13 +0530

On Tuesday 03 March 2015 08:41 PM, Monroe, Will wrote:
>   Hello,
>
> I'm trying to troubleshoot a corrupt ODT file that I've exported from
> org-mode.
> The org-mode manual provides some guidance for this process on the
> "Validating
> OpenDocument XML" page (see
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Validating-OpenDocument-XML.html#Validating-OpenDocument-XML).
>

> It mentions validation of an ODT document against the "OpenDocument RELAX NG
> Compact Syntax (RNC) schema".  I have obtained the xml and RNC files from the
> org-mode Github site but I'm unsure how to use them.  The org-mode manual
> page
> mentions general help in the Introduction (see
> http://orgmode.org/nxml-mode/Introduction.html#Introduction) but I get a 404
> error when I attempt to load the page.
>
> Does anyone know where I can read this guide?

You can avoid the cross-manual link errors, by using the manuals at
gnu.org site:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/Validating-OpenDocument-XML.html

For verification, this is roughly what you need to do:

1. Copy over schema file.
2. Reload Emacs.
3. C-x C-f file.odt
4. Press ENTER on content.xml
5. C-c C-n (M-x rng-next-error)

Or

You can try an online validator: http://odf-validator.rhcloud.com/

Based on my own experience, your *.org file is NOT in utf-8 and uses
non-English characters (whatever they are called).  Just switch the
file to utf-8 encoding and you will be all set.