Re: [O] Embedding diagrams in Org

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Embedding diagrams in Org
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 20:19:31 +0100

On 2015-02-18, at 13:34, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I need to embed some diagrams (graphs of functions, for instance, or
> trees) in an Org file.  Any suggestions on how to do it?  In case of
> ditaa, I can use a source block and the "results" line, and see the
> image with C-c C-x C-v.  Can I do a similar thing with Asymptote?  How
> hard/time-consuming would it be to add support e.g. for tikz or other
> such tools?
>
> Best,

While the answers I got were helpful, and thank you all for them, my
curiosity jumped two levels up when I saw the code for
org-latex--inline-image in ox-latex today.  It seems that there are
special provisions for tikz pictures.  However, the code does seem to be
a bit weird: for instance, the tikz code seems to be wrapped in the
tikzpicture environment depending on whether any /options/ are given or
not, which seems an odd choice to me.

Did anyone use the ability to inline tikz pictures (i.e., pictures in
a file with =tikz= or =pgf= extension)?  If so, could you share some
examples, or at least success stories?

Also, org-latex--inline-image seems to provide for including svg images,
but I could not find a \usepackage{svg}, nor a provision for enabling
shell-escape (like in the case of minted).  Again: any success stories
or is there a bug?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski