[O] Error with Org Export

From: Chris Drane
Subject: [O] Error with Org Export
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 13:15:54 -0500

I'm trying to export to HTML a file with this snippet of text:

<<
call_function 0; store 1 (a)

Doing so gives me the error: Variable "store" must be assigned a default value

This goes away if I remove the underscore. I've tried using #+OPTIONS: ^:{} to address this, but it doesn't have any effect, nor does #+OPTIONS: ^:nil

Org is version 8.2.10. Emacs is 25.0.50.1.

What seems to be the matter here and how can I fix it?