Re: [O] Comment on Org Export Reference

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Comment on Org Export Reference
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 11:18:08 +0800

On March 6, 2015 7:21:50 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> The page covers a lot of details, but less in the way of context. For
> instance, the toolbox is documented extensively, but I didn't see
> a comprehensive list of the transcoding functions that a backend
> should implement

There is no rule about what a back-end should implement (besides
template).

Should, or could.

Anyway full list of supported elements and objects, along
with all associated properties is in "Org Element API" document[fn:1].

Ah, OK! The connection between these and the exporter was, for whatever reason, not obvious to me. (I may perhaps be forgiven for this: a search of the export reference for "API" yielded no results.)

Maybe all the document needs is to call attention to the relationship and give a few examples. *That* is something I can handle. A full tutorial is more time than I can afford now, but might not be needed after all.

hjh

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com