Re: [O] Citation syntax: Underscore MUST(?) be allowed in cite keys?

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: Underscore MUST(?) be allowed in cite keys?
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 11:58:57 +0530

On Friday 06 March 2015 11:39 PM, Richard Lawrence wrote:
> Hi Vaidheeswaran,
>
> Vaidheeswaran C <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The following combination works when passed through the LaTeX/PDF
>> exporter.  It doesn't work when the cite syntax is switched to the new
>> one.
>>
>> \cite{center_for_history_and_new_media_zotero_????}
>
> Is that a realistic example of a key?

Yes.

> What program is generating it?  JabRef?

It is generated by Zotero.

> I am not too worried about this case.

Have you tried it with \cite{} and \bibliography{} combination and
seen it works or not.  My argument relies on how existing tool works.

> I am guessing that the four "?"s at the end are inserted because the
> generating program wasn't sure how to encode some characters.

I see that you haven't exporter Zotero libraries to .bib files.  My
guess is the 4 question marks are for "missing" (or "irrelevant") yyyy
digits.

> If key-ending punctuation turns out to be common, I would revise
> this opinion, but at the moment I don't see the need.

I am not imagining things.  I am pointing out how existing tools
behave.