Re: [O] Citation syntax: Underscore MUST(?) be allowed in cite keys?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: Underscore MUST(?) be allowed in cite keys?
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 07:50:23 -1000

Aloha all,

Vaidheeswaran C <address@hidden> writes:

>> If key-ending punctuation turns out to be common, I would revise
>> this opinion, but at the moment I don't see the need.
>
> I am not imagining things.  I am pointing out how existing tools
> behave.

Am I right that key-ending punctuation is a potential problem for the
shorthand part of the syntax and not for the full [cite: ...] syntax?

I'm asking because I haven't fully grasped uses for the shorthand.  What
is the use case?

Won't the Org mode user configure a tool like reftex or ebib (or
something else) to insert citations?

All the best,
Tom

--