Re: [O] org-agenda-insert-diary-make-new-entry adds entry as first child

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: Re: [O] org-agenda-insert-diary-make-new-entry adds entry as first child?
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 22:49:51 +0100

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nikolai Weibull <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Here’s a suggested solution.  We keep track of whether the parent
>> entry already has any children, then we call org-insert-heading with
>> two universal arguments to add an entry at the end of the current
>> subtree.  Finally, if there weren’t any children already, we demote
>> the entry we added so that it becomes a child of the parent entry.
>
> Finally applied in master, thanks,

Hi!

It seems that this was reverted in
3e01c7ff1b37f1f548cc6c959160ff11302a25c7, but the log doesn’t say why.
Was there a specific reason?  That is, was the original behavior
desired but the patch was fine or was there a problem with the patch?

Should I write a patch that adds another
org-agenda-insert-diary-strategy called 'date-entry-last or something
like that?

Thanks!