Re: [O] Zotero csl file that uses parenthetical style for citations

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Zotero csl file that uses parenthetical style for citations
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 17:59:53 -1000

Vaidheeswaran C <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sunday 08 March 2015 03:01 AM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:
>> Aloha Vaidheeswaran C,
>>
>> (Bringing the conversation back on list.)
>>
>> Vaidheeswaran C <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Richard understood the point I was making.  When you have time,
>>> compare how you responded with how he responded.  You can learn a
>>> thing or two from Richard.
>>
>> I've learned many things from Richard!
>>
>> I've also taken your suggestion to compare our responses to the doubts
>> you raised, which IIUC have now been resolved.  Richard guided us
>> through the inquiry needed to resolve your doubts.  In contrast, I tried
>> to guide you to the inquiry.  Either way, I think the doubts would have
>> been resolved.
>
> Richard in this message admitted that he is yet to familiarize himself
> with CSL styles and that there are some loose ends that he hopes to
> fill.  (See
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-03/msg00253.html)
>
> My doubts stay and my questions (however pointed they may be) are on
> topic.

Well, I agree that Richard hasn't yet implemented an Org mode interface
for an appropriate csl-based tool (your 2nd point), but I think we
should support him in this effort.

There is a lot of programming know-how on this list if he runs into
difficulties, so I'm hopeful he'll succeed even if one or more problems
prove hard for him.

Is your doubt about his eventual success founded in a general skepticism
about predicting the future (certainly warranted), or in some particular
knowledge about the difficulty of the task?  If the latter, perhaps you
could help Richard avoid potential problems?

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813