Re: [O] Internal Links with Spaces

From: Leo Ufimtsev
Subject: Re: [O] Internal Links with Spaces
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 10:38:16 -0400 (EDT)

On the side, if of any help:

I generally use ID's for linking to headings.
The benefit is that headings can be re-named safley and links still work.

There is an org-module called 'org-id', which when enabled in conjunction with the variable
below allows you to automatically generate a unique id for the heading when you press C-c l and link to it with C-c C-l.

This exports nicley also. E.g here is a unique anchor link to one of those unique ID's:
http://leoufimtsev.github.io./org/swt-dev.html#ID-a636a35d-6100-4f6a-974c-6bbeedc0f2a2

(org-id-link-to-org-use-id (quote create-if-interactive-and-no-custom-id))

'(org-modules
(quote
(org-id ...

Leo Ufimtsev | Intern Software Engineer @ Eclipse Team