Re: [O] babel output as LaTeX code: help please!

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] babel output as LaTeX code: help please!
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 09:49:27 -1000

Aloha Eric,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tuesday, 10 Mar 2015 at 08:42, Thomas S. Dye wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Have you tried
>>
>> #+call: drawlayout[:stdin solution]() :results raw
>>
>> or,
>>
>> #+call: drawlayout[:stdin solution]() :results latex
>>
>> which should make the print "#+begin_latex" etc. lines of drawlayout
>> redundant?
>
> Both work perfectly.  Many thanks!
>
> The documentation confused me.  I see now that the end header arguments
> are not to be enclosed in [] whereas the inside ones are.  The
> documentation shows this in the example but the syntax seems to imply
> that the []s are required -- but in hindsight I guess the []s mean
> optional in this case.  However, they are not optional for the inside
> arguments...
>
> Ummm, the documentation is definitely confusing but I'm not sure how to
> improve it other than by adding a sentence making this explicit?

Perhaps the confusion comes from the fact that the syntax for #+call
lines differs from inline evaluation?  Inline evaluation requires [] for
the end header argument, but [] aren't used for the end header argument
of #+call lines.

I agree that this difference isn't easy to spot among all the ([<>]).
Perhaps a sentence pointing out the difference would be useful?

All the best,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye