Re: [O] Only showing part of a list

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: [O] Only showing part of a list
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 15:10:45 +0100

Even if it were possible, what would you expect to happen when actions
1-5 were checked off? Should the list show the next 5? How would you
expand the list to see all of it? When would it be visible or not?

​I did not expect a simple answer. ;-)​

​Just something to get started.​ In principle I think you should normally not see more as five action entries and should (normally) not have the possibility to select new entries to show when there are still more as three entries shown.

I have my own function that checks an entry and put it at the end of the list.

I personally would want to have to select the new to show entries. Most of the time that would be the next entries, but not always.

It sounds like this would be a good case for subheadings, to break up
the long check list.

​Then I get something like:
    * Actions [0/5]
      - [ ] First action
      - [ ] Second action
      - [ ] Third action
      - [ ] Fourth action
      - [ ] Fifth Action
      - Next actions [0/25]
        - [ ] Sixth action
          .
          .
          .
        - [ ] Thirtieth action

So I do not see the total amount of actions. (At least not when actions is in overview mode.) Or can that be solved?​

--
Cecil Westerhof