[O] [Feature Request] Configure timing format

From: Koen van der Kruk
Subject: [O] [Feature Request] Configure timing format
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 14:36:51 +0100

Hello,
I am planning to add a new feature to orgmode, but I don't know if there is already something like I described below. I am also wondering if someone could tell me how much time this is going to take.
I have a little experience with orgmode and emacs, but still have to learn a lot.

Feature description:

It currently is not possible to configure the timing format to the resolution you want. This project is about adding this feature to org-mode. After implementation, it should be possible to chose any timing resolution you want, ranging from precision to hours, quarters of an hour, seconds, milliseconds, etc. The only limitation should be the internal timing resolution of the operating system on which emacs runs. Moreover, all functions associated with time (such as automatic calculation of durations etc. etc. overlays, should also continue to work correctly). Milliseconds may be overkill, but the point of this project is that it makes org-mode abstract from a fixed timing resolution, it should be fully configurable.

Thanks in advance,

Yours Faithfully,

Koen

P.S. My apologies if someone already asked the same sort question, or if I didn't follow the mailing list rules.