Re: [O] automatically follow symlink to other folder when loading agenda

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] automatically follow symlink to other folder when loading agenda
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:53:13 -0400

J. David Boyd writes:

I have 4 files I use for work in my main org folder. And I have a personal.org in another folder, that is inside of Dropbox. I created a symlink to personal.org in my main org folder. When I start emacs and load the agenda, it asks me Symbolic link to Git-controlled source file; follow link? (y or n) Is there some setting (that I can't seem to find) that will always just allow this, rather than querying me?

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
 (setq vc-follow-symlinks t)
#+END_SRC

BTW, I think that using dropbox in a git controlled directory might not be a good idea: if there are conflicts of files inside of the .git directory between two machines, you will never notice them because dropbox doesn't report them, so the actual git repos might be different between the two machines. I you are using git, why don't you clone the main org directory in the other machine and pull changes when you use the other machine?

Best,
--
Jorge.