Re: [O] More export filter examples out there?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] More export filter examples out there?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 23:53:48 +0100

Hello,

"Allen S. Rout" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to accomplish a custom export task which I'd hoped to be
> pretty simple:  something like:
>

> In each status section, only export the first child headline.
>

> After several dumb ideas, I decided that doing it with a filter was
> probably the Right Place.  I built a filter intended to be used on
>
> :filter-parse-tree
>
> and attempted to express:
>
> If you're parent is a headline
> and your parent's title is 'Status'
> and you're not the first of your siblings
>
> then don't be included.  I've added my malfunctioning filter below,to
> clearly display my "thinking".

Untested:

  (defun ox-asr-only-first-status (tree backend info)
    (org-element-map tree 'headline
      (lambda (h)
        (let ((parent (org-export-get-parent-headline h)))
          (when (and parent
                     (string= (org-element-property :raw-value parent) "Status")
                     (not (org-export-first-sibling-p h info)))
            (org-element-extract-element h)))))
    tree)

> I don't seem to be able to get the title as a string.

Use `:raw-value' property.

> org-export-data seems to expect a different 'info' than the 'info'
> present at filter time. I get complaints about
>
> org-export-data: Wrong type argument: hash-table-p, nil
>
> if I uncomment the attempt to string compare the title.

Indeed. One cannot use `org-export-data' during parse tree filtering.
Export output really depends on the tree and the options, which are
being re-arranged.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou