Re: [O] Possible bug: Can not search for text in links - only descriptio

From: Jacob Gerlach
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug: Can not search for text in links - only description
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:38:24 -0400

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got an error as follow when I tried to export:
>
> ,----
> | org-babel-exp process R at line 5495...
> | Evaluation of this R code-block is disabled.
> | user-error: Unable to resolve link "*uLELFit"
> `----
>
> I thought "OK - I'll search for uLELFit and just fix this link - but I
> could do what I wanted, I did not manage to find the link.
>
> I figured out that I can not search for text in the link.

`org-toggle-link-display' is very helpful here. See [1] for a
discussion of the patch and new behavior.

It is perhaps worth considering to change the error message to show
the link description (when it exists) rather than the link itself to
make it easier to find the bad link.

Regards,
Jake

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/90891