Re: [O] fontenc makes pdf non-searchable

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: [O] fontenc makes pdf non-searchable
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 13:56:45 -0400 (EDT)

On 21 March 2015, Martin Leduc wrote:

You can find a minimal example here [1], with the org file, and the tex and pdf
files generated from it. Firts try to search within the pdf. It does not work
(at least on my side) To solve the problem, remove the line with
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

in the tex file, and compile it. It should now search normally.

"It works for me" is all I can say, which isn't too helpful. Everything happens as it should, and I can search the PDF (in evince). Maybe it's something with your LaTeX setup? Sorry I can't suggest anything more.

Bill

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7s6di4en5ljbkcq/AAAzyQeg6VkMHnC1X9dQTg6ua?dl=0

--
William Denton ↔  Toronto, Canada ↔  https://www.miskatonic.org/