Re: [O] [ox, patch] Add #+SUBTITLE

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [ox, patch] Add #+SUBTITLE
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 23:43:09 +0100

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> [TL;DR: imho, the right way to do LaTeX export is to prepare a dedicated
> package for Org-mode generated files (easy/medium), arrange for it to be
> included in all major TeX distros (easy) and simplify the LaTeX exporter
> to comply with it (easy).  This could greatly enhance the quality of
> PDFs produced by Org-mode and make modifying their look easier on the
> Org side.  I could do the LaTeX side of the work.  Now the question is:
> does the community /want/ it.]

I have a couple of initial concerns that you could address if your
spin-off thread if you like.

- Sat you can envision better code for a particular piece of org syntax.
  Why is a better to have it in an external latex-package than directly in
  the org files?  If it lives somewhere else, I have to bug you when I
  want to change something.  What if you get bored of this?

- What happens when you cannot maintain it any longer?  Note also that the
  scope is somewhat different as a typical latex package solves a problem
  like "provide good tables" or "enhance itemize 2e" (ei2e).  Such
  packages are fairly easy to replace (e.g. sugfigure → subcaption).

- I don't want latex code generated by org to a "special flavor" like with
  LyX.

- Why can the issues you have in mind not be solved by a specialized
  derived backend?  Such as ox-beamer or ox-koma-letter.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Enough with the bla bla!